Non-Formulary Drug Coupons
Most insurance plans (HMO, PPO, Medicare Part D, etc.) have a list of covered drugs called a FORMULARY LIST. The drugs that are not covered are called NON-FORMULARY
DRUGS. Most plans dont cover drugs for Weight Loss, Birth Control, Smoking Cessation, Fertility, Sexual Dysfunction, Growth Hormones, and many others. Most plans will require
that you pay full price for these medications. You can get a discount on many of these drugs by using the coupons below.
Non-formulary Discount Drug Coupon List
Drugs not covered under most Insurance plans’ prescription drug programs:
- Infertility medications when used for assisted reproduction.
- Drugs prescribed, dispensed, or intended for use while in a hospital, skilled nursing facility or alternate facility.
- Drug products for any condition, injury, sickness or mental illness arising out of, or in the course of, employment for which benefits are available under any workers’ compensation or other similar laws.
- Drugs administered at a doctor’s office or hospital, including allergy serum, immunizations, biological sera, blood, or blood plasma. However, these may be covered under the medical plan.
- OTC products that do not require a prescription or any prescription medication that is available as an OTC medication. Exceptions are insulin and niacin.
- Drugs used for investigational purposes or experimental indications, drugs with no approved FDA indications.
- Implantable or injectable contraceptives.
- Injectable drugs, except when the drug can be self-administered, as defined by the plan. Other injectables may be covered under the medical plan.
- Unit dose or convenience packaging of prescription drug products.
- Durable medical equipment, prescribed and non-prescribed outpatient supplies, other than selected diabetic supplies.
- Anabolic steroids except testosterone.
- Drugs used for cosmetic purposes or aesthetic enhancement.